What paint to use for water stained hardboard

Hi All

I am trying to sell my house, our large double garage has been lined with hardboard, years ago the roof leaked and has badly stained the hardboard, although the roof was replaced and is 100% OK I think the staining makes prospective purchasers think the roof is still leaking and puts them off.

I have thoughts of painting the hardboard with a cheap gloss paint, do I need a primer, any idears on a source of cheap gloss paint or any other suggestions ?.

TIA

Paul

Reply to
Curiosity