What kind of grease for nylon/nylon and nylon/metal lubrication?

I am fixing my VHS recorder and the fault seems to be that the metal/nylon widget was not sliding freely. By adding a bit more of the lubricant from an excess on a different part of the mechanism the system came to life and no longer eats tapes.

My question is what exactly is, and where do I buy lubricant or grease designed for nylon/nylon or nylon/metal interfaces?

Is there a lubricants FAQ for this?

Reply to
Peter

In article , Peter writes

It was certainly a recently asked question, have a google groups for sinclair gearbox plus plastic gears and you should find it. It was a guy wanting lube for his Sinclair C5 (still makes me laugh that Citroen introduced a model with the same name).

Reply to
fred

silicone grease generally works well.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Greasy grease. Anything, as long as you dont use butter or marge, as they oxidise after a year or so and turn to glue.

NT

Reply to
bigcat