What are these coax plugs called?

Modern version of the TV coax plug as used for satellite, with a screw thread? I need to order a female back to back, if I could only think of the name please..

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

F connector

Reply to
Andy Burns

Andy Burns explained on 25/10/2018 :

Thanks, that is the one..

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

The normal sat plugs are F type so I'd look for female to female F type adapter or connector:

Brian Reay

It does sometimes seem that there connectors being invented every few years. Remembering when I worked for Racal, there were a bewildering number of coaxial connectors in all impedances and shapes and sizes. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

In message , Brian Gaff writes

F-connectors have been used in many American cable TV applications for over 40 years - and a little later for the connection to the TV set (which historically had a used a balanced 300 ohm connection for 300 twin feeder from the aerial). This avoided having to use a 75/300 ohm unbalanced-to-balanced transformer. The male connector is extremely cheap, and is essentially a perfect impedance match.

Reply to
Ian Jackson

Or, if you want one quickly - well, 10 actually:

10/95730

or:

Better still, half the price from Toolsatan!

You could also ask your nearest aerial/dish installer or a VM install crew if you comew across one.

Reply to
Terry Casey

You have to get ones that fit the cable.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Sounds like the O/P just wants a coupler, rather than plugs, if that's the case then size doesn't come into it ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

F type

Reply to