Well that's the cat dead.

I was looking after the next door neighbours cat but my other nextdoor neighbour has just run it over.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Did the vicar do the running over, or was it the vicar's cat?

Reply to
Andy Burns

In message , ARWadsworth writes

Not looking after it very well then ...

hasn't it got another eight lives?

Reply to
geoff

Swine!

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Vicars cat.

Poor thing was squashed flat at the back end. The broken backbone stopped the pain so it did not suffer.

£152 to have it put down out of hours. And there is my bill to swap the electric shower.

He is away in LA at his sons wedding. I will not bother to tell him.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Some kind of bad karma type shit going on there .. have you opened a different box of frogs than what you were supposed to in another life?

;)

Reply to
Paul - xxx

Paul (the next door neighbour who was driving) was nearly in tears.

The odd thing was my cat ran out and sat next to Ray's cat after the accident and did not move until I had got it into a travel cage.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Yeah, not nice killing anything you don't mean to.

Strange how animals happen around death/accidents. Sisters dog started howling at about 8am one morning, wouldn't stop for an hour or so, no matter what anyone did. We found out later that sisters hubby had been involved in a big road accident, multi-car crash and had been trapped! No injuries at all to him, but he couldn't move .. crash happened at

7.55, he was released about 8.45 but couldn't walk for a while as his legs had had the blood flow stopped, or close to ...
Reply to
Paul - xxx

Or could it just be that odd behaviour happens a lot but we only remember it when its linked to something else. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Oh yes, could easily be. Seemed spooky at the time, sis was a bit shaken by it.

Reply to
Paul - xxx

Baader-Meinhof syndrome.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Yes, mundane if the dog howls regularly, weird if it's a non-howler.

Maybe the cat smelt blood, it's a carnivore.

Reply to
Onetap

What I really meant was that we do hear the dog bark but tend to forget it, but when its allied to an event our brains retain, it gets tagged with it. Similarly, the other cat may well have come along before but you never recalled it, but this time as the event was unusual you saw and tagged it. its the old monkey walking through the room thing again. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Clearly not fixable. Not so easy for town dwellers but, I would not have taken it to a vet to be put down.

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Fair point, the dog never howls .. neither before or since!

Reply to
Paul - xxx

Had it been my cat and there were not crying women around I might have put it down myself.

But I also had to think to what would happen if Ray was later told "Adam chopped your cats head off in his back garden".

I am not that squeamish.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Had a passer-by knock at my door and ask if I had a ginger cat, as there's one squashed on the road in front of my house. No, but my neighbours kids have one each.

She starts heading off to the neighbours, and I think to myself, this isn't a good idea if the kids come out and see it, and it will be easier for me to pick it up, not being particularly emotionally attached to it. So I tell her not to - I'll do it.

I grab a large empty shoe box, go outside and scoop it into the box. One side of it still looks OK, so it can lay in the box not looking too bad. Leave it on the porch while I pop back inside to wash the blood off my hands and and get a bucket of water to slosh the blood off the road. Then I call the neighbours by phone, so the kids don't hear. Dad pops round to collect the box, and I warn him not to lift the cat out as the other side is rather gruesome. Anyway, he thanks me and takes it back, no doubt to be met with tears from the kids, at least. Anyway, I was feeling slightly pleased with having done the right thing, or so I though, in rather sad circumstances.

A few days later I see Mum over the fence and say hello, as I always do. She confronts me with the question, did I run over the cat? Well, of course I didn't. I doubt she believed me, or the bit about the passer-by knocking on my door. That left me feeling rather sick about the whole thing - I kind of felt guilty for something I hadn't done. We didn't speak much after that, and they moved away a year later.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Ah, Bad Wolf...

Reply to
Adrian C

You were the fool:-) And so am I.

I had a similar experience when I was following a car that ran over and killed a cat that ran across the road. The woman driver and her kids were in tears so I phoned the number on the collar and they left.

The cat's owner accused me of running the cat over when he turned up.

If you did not care you would not bother making the phone call. You don't have to phone the owner.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Crap

I said something Denis agreed with.