Weight of bath + water+ A Body

I am considering getting a new aquarium to put in my living room and it could be as large as 44 x 18 x 18 inches .I know how much the tank weighs and the water ( 234 litres at a lb a litre) and then there is the weight of rocks and the cupboard that it sits on . I was trying to compare it with a bath,filled with water plus a body in the bath . I can calculate the weight of water and my body weight is easy enough to get but can anyone suggest what a plastic bath might weigh .? Stuart

Reply to
stillnobodyhome

1kg per litre
Reply to
Paul Herber

they're easy to carry - 10-20kg at a guess.

NoSpam

Compared to the rest of it, nothing.

A plastic bath is an easy one man lift - say 20-30lbs depending on quality.

And a litre of water weighs a kilogram (2.2lbs) not a pound..

I'd guesstimate a 44"x18"x18" aquarium as around 600-650lbs all in. So that's three big blokes stood close together, one behind the other.

Don't put it in the middle of a suspended floor, but near the walls should be OK. Don't quote me on that...

Reply to
PCPaul

Ah yeah .Thats what I meant :-)

Reply to
stillnobodyhome

Ooops ...Ah yeah .Thats what I meant :-)

That sounds about right .It would be up against a wall anyway .

Reply to
stillnobodyhome

Well not if you use the water you get when you melt dry ice which of course is dry water which weighs a lot less than wet water.

Reply to
Dave Baker

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com saying something like:

A litre weighs a kilo. An Imperial Gallon (not a Yankee gallon) weighs ten pounds.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

The message from Grimly Curmudgeon contains these words:

Since the OP quoted his tank in inches a cubic foot of water at 62.4lb just might be the figure he really needs.

Rocks will probably have a density of somewhere between 2.5 and 3.

Reply to
Roger

No.I did actually make a mistake in saying a litre weighs a lb and not a Kilo.

Reply to
stillnobodyhome

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com pretended :

A plastic bath weighs not a lot.

A body weighs a little less the its same volume of water. You don't need the weight of a full bath of water plus body, because as soon as the body enters the water the water would be displaced (down the drain).

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

In message , snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com writes

the same size of my aquarium as it happens

Are you going to be the aquatic attraction, then ?

Reply to
geoff

Well that would only be the case if there was enough water in it to let the water overflow .I was just meaning a normal amount of water when taking a bath

Reply to
stillnobodyhome

In message , Harry Bloomfield writes

Eureka ! - as they say