waterproofing to prevent small leaks in corrugated roof sheets

Hi All we have a garage of the common concrete slabs + corrugated 'concretised' roof sheets construction. A year or so after the garage was installed, a few of the roof sheets developed small cracks, resulting in rain dripping in. I got these replaced under warranty.

In the middle of a downpour yesterday evening I spotted another leak. The garage is probably (just) still under warranty, but I'm wondering about alternatives to replacing the sheets. There only appear to be very tiny cracks in the sheets and I wondered whether there was any waterproofing compound I could apply to impregnate the particular areas, bind the sheet material together an stop the leaks.

Any suggestions?

Thanks J^n

Reply to
The Night Tripper

d 'concretised'

cement or bitumen

NT

Reply to
NT

Wickes High Performance Acrylic Waterproofer

works very well (not just by reviews there). The only thing is whether it is UV proof if you used on the sunshine side - rather than underneath.

Frankly it sounds like the panels are defective so out of warranty or not I would investigate further (are there sufficient supports as specified by the corrugated panel manufacturer).

Reply to
js.b1

The roof is quite clearly not fit for purpose. A garage roof should remain competent and leak free for at least 15 years with minimal maintenance. The fault may lie in the design, specification or workmanship.

Rather than bodge it yourself, you have every right to expect it to be replaced with a roof that *is* fit for purpose. I would consult a solicitor with a view to the solicitor writing a letter to the company demanding a replacement roof that does the job.

The alternative is to bodge it and land yourself with an expensive ongoing maintenance obligation for years to come. At some point in the future it will need replacing anyway. This will be an expensive undertaking, so better to get the company to do it for you now at their cost.

Reply to
Bruce

I've used decorators caulkk to seal the frame of a window in the motorhome.

any acrylic frame sealer is good..when wet, a wet cloth wipes off surplus, when dry it seems to be waterproof.So makes a neat job.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

d 'concretised'

If you decide to work on the sheets, dont trust them for support. Always work off a wide board or plank.

Reply to
Kipper at sea

I'd speak to the suppliers again for now.

If a number of years down the line you have a repeat problem, then I found that good old fashioned car underseal worked well on a number of cracks in my parents' garage.

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker