Water Temperature for underfloor heating

I have had underfloor heating installed in a kitchen extention. The builder installed a thermostatic mixer valve to feed this. The flow through this valve appears to be inadequate to heat the floor. If I bypass the valve the floor gets hot so the pipework is ok. I have stripped and cleaned the valve and set it to max heat to no avail. If I replace the valve what water temperature should I be aiming for. Can anyone recommend a suitable valve.

Reply to
Diccon

Temp should be between 25C - 50C.

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil

Has it ever worked? Perhaps the installer was incompetent and never installed the correct pipework layout/pumps. Something has to pump the cold water through the TMV, as well as the hot.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

mine runs in the low 30's.