Water softener not working

Hi,

I have a Culligan M250 water softener that does not seem to be softening the water properly. The water level seems to be quite high within the softener, and it does not seem to be using a lot of salt (1 bag in 3months)

The softener is powered on ok, and will regenerate when I manually do it though I do not think it is actually regenerating the resin fully. The hardness is set to 21 degrees clark which seems to be the correct level for my water hardness (in Surrey) The softener is approx 3-4 years old.

I am wondering if maybe a pump or pickup is not working sucessfully, and am wondering if anyone else has ever had a similar problem that they have solved. I have spoken with Culligan service, and they want =A3100+ to come out and take a look at it.

Thanks in advance,

Paul...

Reply to
Wordy

Hi

If the water level is too high, this is usually caused by a leaking seal on the bottom of the resin unit.

Try emptying all the water out of it and run it with no salt in it. If the water level rises to the overflow drain after forcing a couple of manual regenerations, then you definitely have a leak!

Regards,

Steve

Reply to
stevelup