water meter fitting

I've recently applied to have a water meter fitted, I have no idea where my external stop c*ck is, and suspect it is buried (under soil).

What is likely to happen when they 'survey' to fit the meter? Will they (anglian) locate & expose etc my stop c*ck, or am I likely to have to find it or pay to have it excavated?

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks DD

Reply to
dirt dibbler

They will fit it inside the house, where the mains come in and if you have no stop tap there, then you will need one fitted before the meter

dg

Reply to
dg

they fit an electric one where it comes in the house, the read out sits outside, so they don't bother you when they come to read it.

Reply to
Vass

Mine was installed at the external stop c*ck. They did nothing inside.

Reply to
Rob Convery

I was under the impression it was going outside, I think the leaflet suggested a survey would be carried out & if suitable it would just get done, with no requirement for me to be there. I'm just considering whether I ought to start digging to find the stop c*ck...

DD

Reply to
dirt dibbler

|> > they fit an electric one where it comes in the house, the read out sits |> > outside, so they don't bother you when they come to read it. |> > -- |> > Vass |> Mine was installed at the external stop c*ck. They did nothing inside. | |I was under the impression it was going outside, I think the leaflet |suggested a survey would be carried out & if suitable it would just get |done, with no requirement for me to be there. |I'm just considering whether I ought to start digging to find the stop |c*ck...

They can often find the stop c*ck with a metal detector, Then they have to increase the size of the hole because the meter is larger than the stop c*ck. Do nothing leave it all to them

Reply to
Dave Fawthrop

That sounds like the answer I wanted. My original intentions for getting a meter was to 'hopefully' have someone locate my stop c*ck, as the indoor stop tap is starting to drip.

Does a typical water meter have any isolating valves integral to it? Any additional shut off points would be a bonus.

Thanks DD

Reply to
dirt dibbler

That depends on the company. Ours is inside, we're happy about that.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

I think they sometimes fit an outside water meter that they alone can shut off if you dont pay your water bill. I saw this demo,d some years ago.

Reply to
Merryterry