Water leak from Combi Condensing Boiler

I moved into my grandad's old cottage a few months ago and I've been getting it done up. I had a plumbing problem which people on here helped me with, so thanks for that. I now have another probem. He had a combi condensing boiler, Ideal Isar, fitted 5 or so years ago. It's been serviced every year and seems ok.

When I moved in there were loads of letters from the gas people wanting to change the meter and I arranged for this to be done today. They disconnected the gas meter but had some sort of problem and are coming back later this afternoon to fit the new one. After the meter was disconnected the boiler started leaking water, I'm not sure where from and it was more than a drip. I've turned the water off at the stopcock, but am I going to have problems when the gas is back on and I put the water on? Is it something to do with the gas being off and if it is should I take it up with the meter people?

thanks

ST

Reply to
st01495

It seems unlikely that the leak is as a direct result of turning the gas off as such. It might be as a result of it cooling down completely though (the Isar does the occasional tempering burn to maintain a small store of hot water that it uses to deliver "instant" hot water).

You need to have a look to see where the leak is coming from. Most of the water connections are retained by sliding clips that lock the various pipes in place. There is however one water connection that relies on a screw being tight - the one that goes through the plate heat exchanger on the bottom left of the boiler.

See the screw holding part 71 on page 13 here:

need to undo two screws on the base that hold the white trim panel (part 4 in the diagram)in place to see the screw in question.

(is it just me, or does anyone else always find it slightly amusing that boiler makers always title the main parts digram "exploded"?)

Reply to
John Rumm