Water flow rate

Did I report back? It was due to a collapse and eroded "O" Ring in the water turbine housing - partialy obstructing the flow.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

Handy to know. What does the turbine do on this boiler measure the flow rate?

Reply to
John Rumm

John Rumm wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@brightview.co.uk:

It identified that there is a water flow (DHW) and initiates the gas. I believe the turbine's rotation is detected magnetically.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

"harryagain" wrote in news:mfrjbr$j0v$39@dont- email.me:

It merely detects a flow as I understand it.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

I thought the most accurate and efficient ones were electromagnetic or perhaps ultrasonic? Both produce much less pressure drop than a PD meter and are easier to interface with a logging system.

Reply to
~misfit~