Water damaged circuit board

After much poking around, I think I've found the connector that's suffered some water damage when my iPhone 3GS got drowned recently (connector 4).

I can see a bit of white stuff around some of the connections on the motherboard and on the plug. What's the best way to clean this off?

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Well I'd say that the damage you will be looking for is what you can't see, under any components etc. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I use a fibreglass PCB cleaning brush from Maplin. As Brian has said, though, there may well be damage that's out of sight under the connector.

A good look through a high powered magnifying glass may let you see it.

If you didn't remove all batteries immediately and dry it quickly, there will be other damage, I'd bet.

Reply to
John Williamson

Ha! Try removing the battery from an iPhone quickly! ;-)

Despite this problem, iPhones do seem to survive immersion relatively well compared to some phones.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Tim+ pretended :

A gentle scrub of the PCB with an old toothbrush.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

....dipped in alcohol

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

En el artículo , Tim+ escribió:

Having a minimal number of buttons (no keyboard) helps.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson