Wasps nest - air brick

That's no way to talk about the poor kids! ;-)

Rick

Reply to
Richard Sterry

"RichardS" wrote | "Dave Liquorice" wrote | > Thats because they get pissed on the natural alcohol in the rotting | > fruit... | binge drinking and trouble causing then! yer typical Brit wasp.....

Er, *English* wasp :-)

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Hi,

I find blowing them towards the way they came in does the trick, they're intelligent enough and not too panicked to find their way out.

In the summer I get 2 or 3 a day come in, or possibly the same one 2 or 3 times... >:|

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

This advice is nonsense. I've just been stung whilst doing some carpentry and was completely oblivious to the wasp that homed in to my ear. I was stung without any reaction or melodrama from me. You only need to be in the wrong place at the wrong time my friend !

Reply to
ROARTYVAN

Perhaps the advice has changed in the 17 years since it was posted.

Reply to
alan_m

It may have done, but I put very fine mesh over all my air bricks to stop wasps nesting between the floors of my house more than 17 years ago, and it cut down on the wasps around that part of the property. This time of year of course wasps are pretty drowsy and can sting for no apparent reason.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa