Wasps nest

Hi Group

I bought two cans of aerosol spray wasp killer from Tescos and sprayed the nest from a respectful.distance. One can in each hand. I was told to do it at night when all the wasps would be there. Had I been able to see the size of the nest properly I might not have been so brave (foolhardy) They have not come back. There was no time for other options because my son is terrified of wasps. He once ran through a glass door when the wasps came after him!

Alan

Reply to
Roberts

Back when I was 9, I was unlucky to be stung on the eye lid. Half me face swelled up and parents had quizzical looks from passers by my strange appearance. Happily it wasn't permanent :-)

Now if a wasp comes to visit and lands on my hands, I'm OK about that. It's an opportunity to study these creatures close like any other interesting thing of nature - Spiders etc. However at an open air wedding a couple of years ago, I kind of weirded out some of the other guests when word somehow got around the other wasps that I was a good tasty object to land on ...

However Wasps and Hornets nests around my house and garage are dealt with Nippon powder if they cause too many to visit. My last project, sticking up uPVC cladding on the apex wall of the garage, had to be slightly delayed until I killed their nest. The existing woodwork to be covered was their main takeoff and landing point and it was a bit hard working around that. Indeed they were synchronised to land in much the same way that jets are stacked up to land at Heathrow!

Reply to
Adrian C

Yes they do have pretty fixed flight paths: I've had them bounce off the back of my head at intervals while weeding on one of their routes to the compost heap.

Spamlet