Washing machine - pump works ok - but displays error code E1.

Must be my week for machines busting, first my drill (now fixed), now my washing machine, good job I don't have a pacemaker.

Washing machine is a Hoover New Wave+ 1500 (1996 vintage, actual model is AC184)

Runs fine up until it starts to drain - drain pump starts and runs, water is being pumped out, then it goes to a fault code (E1) and stops.

I've had the pump out, tested it, seen it runs, checked the sump & drainage pipes are unblocked.

It looks like the behaviour I've seen previously when the pump has something trapped in it - but this time it hasn't - and is (partially) draining before going to the fault mode.

Any ideas?

Reply to
dom

The message from " snipped-for-privacy@gglz.com" contains these words:

Level sensor pipe scummed up? Dead common, that one.

Reply to
Guy King

Pipe is clear (can blow through), but I think you're on the right track

- I'm going to get a new sensor.

Reply to
dom