Wall Mounting Radiator Pipework Query

Hi,

I need to replace another radiator in the house but this time instead of just changing the pipework I need to mount the pipework into the wall rather than the floor. They are solid brick walls so I will need to chase out the chanels. Is there any issue with then plastering over the pipework (i.e. can the heat crack the plaster, etc)?

Also I have seen pictures of radiators wall mounted with chrome plates mounted over the pipes where they exit the wall. Does anyone know where to get these?

Thanks in advance.

Will Owen

Reply to
wilfman

Personally I wouldn't, as I'd be worried about inaccessible leaks, but that's your call. I'd certainly not want to bury any joints though.

You must certainly avoid copper pipework coming into contact with cement, as it will corrode it (therefore protect the copper by wrapping it first). I think ordinary plaster is OK though.

You mean these?:

or B&Q sell them.

David

Reply to
Lobster

Thanks David. Always the way, you spend ages looking for something on screwfix but can never think of the right search terms!

Reply to
Wilfman