Wall Mirror Humming sounds

I bought 3 x wall mirrors with shaver sockets for the bathrooms and they all hum, whats causing it ?

The wall mirrors are on a permanent live supply.

Reply to
Ray

The transformer for the shaver socket.

Reply to
Toby

You have answered your own question. It is because they are powered all the time. If you are worried about it, fit an approved bathroom switch - pull cord?

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Isn't the power to these things usually switched by a switch that's activated when a plug is inserted into the socket? This is a deliberate measure to avoid them humming, and a reason why you shouldn't leave shavers & toothbrush chargers plugged into them permanently.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

It's because they don't know the words....

sorry couldn't resist this childishness

Reply to
bluesky

I have a fourth one fitted downstairs and this does not hum at all??

Reply to
Ray

Nah, it's because they're happy.

and I'll get me coat...