Vinyl floor adhesive or not?

Last week I made a post about removing kitchen vinyl floor tiles. I've managed to get them off and have seen replies about using a hot air gun and scraper to remove them. I managed to do it with a hammer and thin wall scraper.

I am now left with a floor which you can see patches of concrete but most of it is black. I'm getting as much adhesive off as possible but the black stuff is pretty impossible to remove and feels like a rubber texture. I'm sure that this is probably because of the adhesive but does it matter if it stays like that if i'm placing ceramic tiles over it? Would the norm of sealing it with PVA have an issue of the new adhesive bonding to the floor?

TIA

Reply to
Pedge