Viewing the aurora

 Maybe, but you might end up getting eaten by a dark red predator that comes at you from the side.
Reply to
Mark Carver

These large solare explosions causing Coronal mass ejections are quite common, but often not in our direction. However we have had quite a few recently. It would interesting to know what radiation levels were like if you were en route to the moon, or on its surface or on the way or on Mars, which has no magnetic core. I guess spacecraft in geosynchronous orbits and JWT or Hubble might have instruments to measure this. It kind of makes me wonder about using space for very much other than to get away from here.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Nope.

Nope, I would notice one of those fine.

Presumably it isn't clear to you that I see red flashes in my peripheral vision.

Reply to
chop