Vegetarians Have Better Cholesterol Levels

Apology accepted, while I appreciate the link and indeed I try and reduce my meat intake, it does seem to attract posts from fanatic nutters.

Vegetarianism does seem a good compromise, and if you're willing to add fish and become a pescatarian it seems to be a good overall diet.

Reply to
Fredxx

Granted, but he turned a useful thread about vegetarianism into a fanatical vegan one.

Reply to
Fredxx
<snip>

Pot, kettle and black comes to mind.

Reply to
Fredxx

I don't think that in normal company space-Tim' s pro-vegan hobby-horse riding would be considered trolling. Somewhat annoying, perhaps, especially if you kept trying to change the subject without success. Here, however, replying to his wibbling seems to be enormously popular with a quite a range of people who seem to find great joy in disagreeing with him, attempting - with varying success - various disproofs of his claims, and sometimes just flat out insulting him.

I think to count as trolling, he would have to be a non-vegan wilfully posting veganisms simply to annoy ... but I myself see no particular evidence that that is the case.

#Paul

Reply to
#Paul

A B12 assay is not a routine test so unless there are notable clinical symptoms, all you need is to measure your Hb, RBC, and MCV. These are all done these days as a set of parameters in one go, and relatively cheap to do.

If they are normal then a B12 assay is probably pointless.

Reply to
Andrew

Perhaps he knows that many think better of those who offer unforced apologies, seeing them as signs of people who are both honest and comfortable in their own skins. Not everyone subscribes to the "never apologize, it's a sign of weakness" doctrine much beloved by John Wayne characters and Guards officers.

Or perhaps he's just a Wykehamist living the old school motto :)

Reply to
Robin

Pity they dont also consider the *real* issue, that there are far too many people on planet earth to be sustainably supported.

Like having too many kids

If you persist in showing fake videos, then of course people will be 'upset'.

Reply to
Andrew

This was known in the 1970's. The graduate Biochemist who ran the Chem Path lab in one hospital I worked at was doing an MSC in Lipids in 1978, and even then she was saying the NHS should be measuring HDL and LDL and paying attention to the ratio of these two levels. These days that is how it is done worldwide.

Reply to
Andrew

And you should take Vit B2 together with Vit D3 and one suitable source is eggs.

Reply to
Andrew

By 'unforced' you mean he didn't try to put him on the spot in a public forum, or just because he didn't actually hold a gun to his head?

Or will roll over when pushed by a bigot who is very selective re which off topic initial posts he 'calls out'?

Of course.

Whoosh. ;-(

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Then do / say something about *that* then?

Quite.

Cite a single video that was fake or STFU princesses. *Every* video they show is 100% genuine and *everyday* footage of 'standard practice' from around the UK. They couldn't show anything else as it could be proven as 'fake'. So the only people who suggest it could be are cowardly trolls in denial.

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m
<snip>

Broad shoulders here Paul and the full expectation of the sort of replies I have from a minority, just as those who were trying to suggest the world was in fact round or that we shouldn't really have slaves were sure to have received.

Because I was already aware of the age and attitude demographic here, I though it would be an interesting public exercise to see (and so learn) some of the things people seem to actually think / believe ... still, in 2021! ;-)

And you won't find any as there are none.

I've been here a good few years now any 'normal person' who has actually had a reasonable and reasoned discussion with me will confirm that I have never lied. Why would I, I'm crap at it so I don't.

Bottom line. It's 2021, not 'thousands of years ago' and so, for the vast majority of the population with supermarkets within easy reach and who don't actually *have* to go out hunting for their dinner to

*survive*, and with all the negatives associated with our current consumption levels of meat, eggs and milk, that more people would actually be doing something about it themselves, given how easy it is to do and outside of here (proportionally), many are of course.

So we aren't talking about some 'little fad', we are talking about catastrophic levels of habitat destruction and so the associated wildlife ecosystems and inevitably the very stuff we need to survive ourselves.

This isn't just 'a problem, it's one of the biggest problems we are suffering today and one that could be helped easily by just some small lifestyle changes by the vast majority.

And that is easier and easier to do as I was pleased to confirm when I did a quick shop round Sainsbury's tonight and came home with a trolley full of food, none of which required an animal to unnecessarily suffer and die for just 5 minutes of taste pleasure.

Tonight I did us a Quorn 'chunks' stir fry (1/2 bag of Quorn chunks, an onion, bag of mixed veg, bean sprouts, Singapore style noodles and a pouch of their stir fry sauce. I didn't serve it all up (too much and we both like our food) so we have some to go in a wrap or on a baked potato or something and everything that wasn't obviously vegan, had a nice easy to spot vegan mark on it. The curry will be tomorrow now, something (vegan obviously) we haven't tried before from Iceland, with some popadoms, pilau rice and a can of cold lager (Sainsbury's Depo 4 for £1.25, 2% stuff). ;-)

Same with the red and brown sauces and salad cream ('Suitable for vegans') and all the other things.

Daughter drove to the Peak District earlier with her b/f for a week away, just walking and chilling. The place they rented apparently provides guests with a 'Welcome basket', something alcoholic and dairy (some cows milk and cheese etc) and she previously requested they didn't bother for them, because they were vegan (and trying to cut the drink out). So, it was a pleasant surprise to find a welcome basket with a selection of vegan treats and a carton of oat milk when they arrived. ;-)

Q. If you can eat healthily and heartily just by making a few different food choices without causing and pain, suffering, exploitation and death to animals (and all the other side effects like many pandemics, antibiotic resistance and environmental destruction), why wouldn't you?

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

If god hadn't intended us to eat meat he wouldn't have made it so f****ng delicious.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Who?

And I'm guessing the same pleasure levels apply to cocaine?

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Seeing that your coke is a vegan thing, I'll eat an eight ounce steak and you can eat eight ounces of coke. For afters, we can compare pleasure points.

Reply to
Richard

Whoosh.

The point was there are probably loads of things we could do / have that we could get 'pleasure' (tastes, nicotine, alcohol, drug highs etc) but in most cases they are learned. You don't miss what you have never had.

Give a child an apple and a hen and it will eat the apple and play with the hen, it wouldn't wonder what the hen tasted like.

As it happens 'chicken' tastes pretty bland and ironically is used as a comparison to the taste of the flesh of many other animals ... and we often try to make it taste of *something* by feeding the bird on corn, marinading it's flesh in herbs and spices (so plants) or coating it in batter with herbs and spices (plants).

Same with other meats (marinading / coating) and then adding sauces made from more plants, like apple, cranberry, mint, horseradish, mustard, tomato ketchup or (ironically), soy sauce.

Veg tastes best when it's fresh. Meat gets some taste when it's 'hung' for some time (probably from the flies). ;-(

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Your big problem is the wild exaggerations and unfounded claims that you make in order to support your new-found very-late-in-the-day evangelism. These are regularly destroyed buy those who counter such claims by posting the facts of the matter. You usually wind up the discussion by hurling abuse. It makes a 'reasonable and reasoned discussion' with you on the subject a near-impossibility.

Reply to
Spike

That mythical deity you believe in, a bit like father christmas when you were younger.

They probably do, except cocaine acts directly on the brain. Pleasure has a purpose, to ensure we eat a healthy balanced diet, not one that slows or stunts brain development.

?There are some tragic cases of children whose brains failed to develop because of their parents being ill-informed vegans?

Reply to
Fredxx

And from the same link, when considering why more women than men are vegans:

Reply to
RJH

Check RDW as well (albeit not a separate test) as concurrent iron deficiency and B12 deficiency can make MCV look reasonable.

Reply to
polygonum_on_google