Vaillant Combi boiler 242

Who published them? Maxie, it is lies and more lies.

Maxie, I doubt if it is in the makers brochures.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

This pervo needs locking up. Tagging is too good for him.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

is an idiot and laughed at in the heating business for histotal absence of knowledge. He never mentioned that a Keston could be fluedup the chimney using cheap plastic drain pipe - because he didn't know.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

It's always easy to tell when Drivel has been rattled - he posts multiple responses to the same post and he cuts all context from his reply.

Reply to
Steve Firth

This pervo needs locking up. Tagging is too good for him.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

In message , Doctor Drivel writes

By f*ck, you're a retard

Reply to
geoff

Maxie, you are a one, Always joshing. What a fella. You must look fabulous in your turned down wellies and donkey jacket. What a fella. A breath of fresh indeed. Do you come out with snappy chatter on stage Maxie? Fantastic.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

The cheapest I have seen that part is around 75 quid plus VAT, so when you factor in an hour's labour that seems about right.

We paid around £140 for the same work so you've got a slightly better quote than us!

It is unlikely to be the PCB, but if it is you would be better off just paying him for the new HX and then take out a care contract on the boiler with e-on, vaillant, british gas etc. and let them "discover" the broken PCB and fix it for you under the contract.

Remember a combi isn't just a boiler but the whole system in one box. There is more to go wrong compared to a standard system boiler.

Reply to
chunkyoldcortina

We have no problem with ours (Vaillant 242e, same as original poster) in conjunction with a Diva thermostatic mixer and Grohe rainshower head. People can even run other hot or cold taps in the house and the person in the shower only notices the drop in pressure.

Reply to
chunkyoldcortina

Some of Deva mixers have a pressure equaliser inside. Probably why your shower reacts so quickly. If you had a beefier combi and a dedicated 22mm cold feed pipe back to the stop tap, who would see even better performance.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Not that much more. Usually a 3-way valve and a plate heat Hex and some temp sensor. Some combis don't even have the three way valves. Atmos for e.g. - quality combi.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Yeah, I used to have one, good flow rate, hardly any problems

well ... the fan bearings went (not a problem for me, of course) and the (old style) secondary heat exchanger turned into a shower head when I tried using my descaling machine on it - other than that a great boiler

Took it out still working after 20 years service

Reply to
geoff

Pump, expansion vessel, timer etc. etc.

Reply to
chunkyoldcortina

They are already there in a system boiler.

The only extras is usually a 3-way valve and a plate heat Hex and some temp sensor. Some combis don't even have the three way valves. Atmos for e.g. - quality combi. The Atmos will deliver DHW even if the pump fails. Some well designed combis are quite simple.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

ITYM be confusing a system boiler with a heating only boiler. System boilers are very combi like in that they contain all the main parts of the system.

Reply to
John Rumm