Combi -boiler

Does anyone know if the (Elm) Le Blanc 420 boiler has a diverter valve (or not). A heating engineer has changed a thermostat and a solenoid but domestic hot water is still running cool. I suggested the diverter valve, as it's the classic symptom of a holed diaphragm but the engineer from British Gas (!) maintains that this boiler doesn't have one. If he's correct how is the water switched from CH to DHW?

tia Hugh

Reply to
Hugh

I don't know that boiler but it may have a cross flow main hea exchanger, where the dhw flows through the same heat ex as the CH bu through a different set of chanels. It's nothing new

-- Paul Barker

Reply to
Paul Barker

Hi Hugh I too have a Le Blanc boiler witha cold running hot water system. Th plumber insists on fitting a new boiler, he says he cant get th spares. How did you get on repairing yours? Can you help me please. Dave

-- haywardave

Reply to
haywardave