Vacuum for Chimney Sweeping

Nilfisks are expensive, but always recognised to be long lasting when vacuuming filthy dust. They don't use the vacuum airflow for cooling, they blow clean air through the motor from outside.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

I have a shedload of vacuums and I once made a sweep's blanket to keep dust under control. When it comes to sweeping my own chimneys though, I don't actually bother. Sweeping them (my three at least) just doesn't make that m uch dirt. I don't vacuum when I'm sweeping. I let it fall where it does, sh ovel it into a bucket as it falls and then use a normal workshop vacuum to clean up afterwards.

I'd suggest any workshop vacuum. The Aldi chimney vacuums are good, althoug h with only small buckets. I have a couple of these in the workshop for rou ter table dust cyclones. Earlex do a decent cheap workshop R2D2 vacuum too. Henry has too small a one-use bag to use for filthy stuff, his big hard-n ut brother Ron (an NVQ250?) is better.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

I think my cheapy-from-screwfix karcher does too. Model WD 2.200

It disassembles with just a few screws so I brush out the motor annually anyway.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Reply to