Vac attachment for power tools

I have been busy building a Router Table. On most of my main power tools there is an attachment point where I connect up workshop vac .... this is in simple terms a male spigot ... 40mm diameter onto which I push fit the extract hose.

Anybody know where I can get such a male fitting to fit onto back of fence.

I have made an air 'extract box' on rear of fence ... want to fit vac attach to rear of this box.

no off shelf item I could glue in piece of waste pipe ... but thought I'd ask

Reply to
Rick Hughes

Why not do it the other way around and use a female connector? On my home-made router table I simply have a hole in the `extract box', and the hose from my dust extractor pushes in to that.

dan.

Reply to
dent

I use two sources:

  • Local tip, and dead vacuum hoses / pipes / buckets
  • Axminster, for the big hose stuff.

My own router table is a crefully sized hole in the back of the MDFbox, and the rigid plastic nozzle of the vacuum hose pushes in there

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Just that all others items already have a male fitting ...

Reply to
Rick Hughes

maybe a spot of skip diving is called for. ... if I can get there before the Pikies

Reply to
Rick Hughes

As a bit of an aside, what sort (make/model etc.) of vac do people recommend for workshop use? I find that most domestic vacs soon get clogged up with fine dust (particularly from brickwork/plasterwork rather than woodwork).

Reply to
Roger Mills

It shouldn't matter. The various power tools I have with dust ports are male fittings, but so long as the female hole on the extract box is big enough, it will work well enough the other way around.

dan.

Reply to
dent

see what you mean now ... I thought you meant 'buy a female fitting'

Reply to
Rick Hughes

I bought a unit that also powers the power tool ... so switches on automatically when you power up tool.

I did a lot of routing on Fermacell ... and nothing is worse than that for fine dust.

Reply to
Rick Hughes

cyclones work well enough

NT

Reply to
NT

4 inches of 32mm waste pipe.
Reply to
TheOldFellow

A female fitting is a hole surely :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Not necessarily ... but I'll go that route

Reply to
Rick Hughes

I have all sizes of waste pipe (I thought) and none of them were a good fit.

Reply to
Rick Hughes

In message , Rick Hughes writes

Reply to