Using flexible hoses to gas water heater?

Unless the flue is also flexible

(A clue to what sort of appliance might have such an arrangement is in an earlier post of mine starting a different thread - for those curious enough to look!)

Reply to
John Stumbles

ISTR there's a regulation somewhere (one of the British Standards?) that appliances such as boilers must have the first metre of pipework in copper. (Presumably steel would be OK, but not plastic or rubber.)

Reply to
John Stumbles

There isn't such reg. Some makers will allow plastic pipe right up to the boiler. Usually when the connections are outside the boiler casing.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

What do you mean?

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

In message , "dennis@home" writes

has he got a water rehydrator as well ?

Reply to
geoff

Camilla?

Reply to
Andy Hall

Oh dear.

I believe that these are a better solution than cylinders

Reply to
Andy Hall

And the queen wasn't Elton John?

Reply to
Rod

Won't work, oxygen does not ignite.

Reply to
Heliotrope Smith

They *can* (ad can garden hose) but they *may* not unless the fitting is approved for use with gas. I've never checked whether they are or not: I've never been inclined to use them.

Reply to
John Stumbles

They have copper tails and any solder or compression fitting can be used. They are not cheap. Only used to get out of a scrape.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel