Using bread to block pipes while soldering

That's why we're getting all these half baked replies.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Although the poor old op has been subjected to ridicule, it is a valid method in the right circumstances.

(Though it was perhaps a little rash on a low pressure small bore system - and I don't think I'd have encased it in concrete before testing )

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Disconnect at nearest fitting (compression or thread) and suck it out with a wet/dry shop-vac.

If this fails disconnect both ends of segment and connect hosepipe from garden faucet to force it out.

As a last attempt, connect a pressure washer to the segment with other end open! If thist does not dislodge the bread, it will split the pipe open with potentially dangerous results.

Next time, use the wet/dry vac to get rid of the water before soldering. Remove SPAMX from email address

Reply to
Jim Michaels