Useful cutting device

It was described to me as having a similar body as an angle grinder but having a reciprocating fan like blade which cuts wood and other materials in akward to get at places, variable speed, very expensive I understand approx 400. Perhaps someone will know what it's called and where I can get a cheap one.
Don
On Wed, 28 Oct 2009 13:49:14 +0000, Donwill

Top is Fein Multimaster
But cheaper are available.
Bosch make the best branded one.
Don't touch the Worx with a pole unless they are making spares for it.
Aldi did a decent clone a few weeks ago using the Bosch parts.
snipped-for-privacy@blueyonder.co.uk used his keyboard to write :

I nipped in Aldi today and they have started discounting items left over from previous sales. These and several other items were a little more than 1/2 the original price.
--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)

Thanks Harry I will go look asap :)
On Wed, 28 Oct 2009 14:18:04 +0000, ericp wrote:

They also make a cordless Li-Ion model which is the mutt's ... when it's working. Mine packed up some months ago and it took ages to get repaired, with Bosch failing to arrange a pickup until prodded twice by the retailer*, and then instead of repairing it ASAP demanding paperwork to prove that it was in the year's guarantee despite the tool having been on the market for less than a year!
* Miles Tool & Machinery, who were pretty helpful throughout. And who I bought it from in the first place because they were best priced, but when the one I'd bought failed to turn up despatched another without quibble.
--
John Stumbles -- http://yaph.co.uk

Fein Supercut.
Looks like the distribution's sewn up,so there are no cheap one's but there are similar tools on the market IIRR. And there's always ebay.
michael adams

Fien Multimaster or Bosch PMF-180e
Donwill wrote:

Rather than the Fein and its clones (which are much smaller lighter weight versions of what you describe), I expect you are talking about the Arbortech Allsaw:
http://www.arbortech.com.au/view/allsaw-information/allsaw-as160productinfo
The UK price is somewhat higher than 400 though:
http://www.axminster.co.uk/product-Arbortech-AS160-Allsaw-480335.htm
--
Cheers,

John.

Depends if the OP was planning to cut his way into a bank vault, or merely thinking about notching out some cable routes.
John Rumm wrote:

drool.....
It's the 21st Century angle-grinder, and I wants it......
On Thu, 29 Oct 2009 15:45:56 +0000, Steve Walker wrote:

And you'll pay dearly for it cobber (pushing £800 last time I looked, not to mention cost of blades).
--
John Stumbles

Thank God I'm an atheist

http://www.axminster.co.uk/product-Arbortech-AS160-Allsaw-480335.htm
Can I borrow it when you've got one?
mark
On Fri, 30 Oct 2009 21:46:38 +0000, mark wrote:

Certainly, if you're still alive by the time I can afford one ;-)
--
John Stumbles