Unsticking Velcro

I have a large but light (5kg) mirror with a wooden frame which I'm intending to attach to a tiled wall in the bathroom. using Velcro heavy duty tape.

I'm just wondering - if at some point I want to remove the tape, will that be reasonably easy? Is there any chemical one can use for this purpose?

Any suggestions or advice gratefully received.

Reply to
Timothy Murphy

Orange oil based sticky stuff remover works.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Warm it with hair dryer then pull gently

Vodka

Reply to
Timfy

Usually not a problem - velcro is mostly stronger than the glue.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

The problem for me, is that the velcro comes away, but much of the glue remains.

Reply to
S Viemeister

Yup. But if it's on tiles should be easier than some surfaces to remove from. Evostick solvent works for most rubber based glues.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

How is it on white plasticky window frames?

Reply to
S Viemeister

Hmm. Dunno. I'd try it on a bit of scrap drainpipe first.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Good idea.

Reply to