Unequal flow and return?

Hi All,

My re-jigging of my CH pipe work is going well.

I'm going to plumb in the upstairs bathroom radiator on a seperate circuit with the flow before the zone valves so that is will be on when either DHW or heating is on.

Would 1/2" [15mm] flow and return be sufficient for this rad?

Also I will have a 3/4" [22mm] spare pipe running from near boiler to near rad in batroom. Could I use this in me circuit? Would it make balancing difficult?

FrancisJK

Reply to
FrancisJK

15mm flow and return, rule of thumb, over a few metres will deliver water sufficient for about 6kW of radiator capacity, so I would think so.

There is an application note on the Copper Development Association web site which describes how to calculate properly. If you are doing significant changes then it would be advisable to check using this.

Yes you could, and it won't make a difference in balancing. That is done with the lockshield valve of the radiator, and the flow will be almost entirely controlled by it.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall