Unable to install Y fitting

Hi,

Just moved house, and I'm attempting to fit a "y" fitting on the cold tap, in the lean-to, in order to plumb in my washing machine. Unfortunately, the fitting is too large for the tap, is there any way I can get an adaptor for the tap, and install the "y" fitting on this adaptor? Failing this, what are the other options?

Many thanks for any help, Lew

Reply to
Lew

The default tap thread seems to be 3/4" BSP - which is actually just over an inch in diameter, and is probably what your fitting is designed to fit.

However, taps are also made with 5/8" BSP or 1/2" BSP threads - and yours is probably one of these.

Any decent ironmonger or garden centre should have adaptors - possibly in brass but more likely in plastic - which have a female thread for screwing onto your tap and a larger male thread on the outside to fit your Y fitting.

Reply to
Roger Mills

Hi Roger,

Thanks for that. It worked a treat. Much obliged.

Roger Mills wrote:

Reply to
Lew