Ultra Newbie Cement Mix Question

Volume i.e. 1 shovel of cement, 2 of sand and 4 of gravel
see
for more details.
HTH
John
Reply to
John
It might be useful to say it's by volume because the weight of sand varies significantly depending how wet it is.
Reply to
dom
As has been said, mix ratios are by volume, but there's not a lot of difference between the density of gravel and cement (so you can buy it by weight and mix it by volume).
Sand depends on how damp it is, dry sand is similar to gravel, cement, but damp sand can be 1/4 heavier or more.
BTW I don't know this stuff, I just found it here

Reply to
OG
Oh dear, I was going to ask how much sand, gravel and cement I would need for a given vol. of footings. I can't now, I've got the data I will have to work it out. :-(
Reply to
Broadback

Site Timeline Threads

  • site's last updated in