UK supplier of to-assemble tall kitchen cupboards with sliding doors ?

Hi,

I have been searching online and can't find what I am looking for. I want s ome kitchen cabinets (larders?) that are about 2.4 m high and to span a dis tance of about 3m. The kitchen is very narrow so I have decided sliding doo rs will be the most practical. Currently I have some old Ikea Billy bookcas es doing the job of shelving and they are about the right dimensions being

28cm deep and 80 wide. I have thought of buying some new Billys and bolting them together. Its the hanging, and just getting the doors, is the issue i f I don't go a for a "complete", knocked down ready-to-assemble system - if such a thing exists. It must, surely?

Thanks,

Clive

Reply to
clive.r.long

I'm not familiar with what's around in kitchen cabinets, but it looks similar to a "wardrobe door" application. I made a sort of built-in wardrobe from 18 mm ply, fronted with four sliding doors. It's about 8 feet high and 3 metres wide, if you will excuse my mixed units.

Wickes do them

I forget who I used. There are loads if you just google sliding wardrobe doors, including made to measure stuff.

Obviously, you will have to build a bit of structure on to your Billys for the top rail. The bottom rail can screw to the floor, perhaps on a batten if it is not very even.

Reply to
newshound