UFH in wetroom

Hello All

I was planning on installing electic UFH in my wetroom and wondered if this is actually do-able from a safety perspective. I would like to have it under the tiles in the wet area.

Any problems with this or does it need to be installed in specific zones only?

Also in what zone should my switched FCU for the UFH be installed would it be OK next to the bog on the wall at floor level? The bog is around the corner from the wet area. Imagine a T shape the body of the T would be the wet area and the right top branch would be where the bog was sited. The left branch would be where the sink is (No good at ASCII art!)

Cheers TIA

Richard

Reply to
r.rain

Best outside the room.

Can be used in a wet room .

Reply to
That Bloke

We recently had a new bathroom designed. We spoke to the designer about underfloor heating and they said it is largely a waste of time.

It can take a while to heat up and then you end up with wasted energy from the heat given off when it is not needed.

Graham

Reply to
graham

IMO, the only right way to go is to superinsulate the bathroom, and have it on all the time, warmer than the rest of the house. Plumbed into the rest of the CH of course.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

Ive got water UFH in one wetroom.

Saves space of a rad, and it is nice and cosy. The area is so small and the inuslation soo thick it makes bugger all difference to energy.

I can't hinestly see any reason not to use electric, if thats what you want. If its buried in screed its in a waterproof-ish medieum anyway.

On balance I prefer towel rails as well as UFH in bathrooms, to make teh towels crispy...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

One design I'm familiar with has the heating wire as a co-ax screened with the earth. In order to do things in a safe and compliant manner, the screen continuity and insulations measurements are taken before installation, after fixing but before tiling, and at commissioning. They all have to be recorded and entered on the guarantee form and of course must match each other.

Of course anyone can put down a set of plausible figures so it another case of nany state BS. However it is an indication of how seriously the manufacturers take safety for this product.

Reply to
Ed Sirett