Two PIR sensors to actuate one device

Those smart alecs who claim to have an answer haven't produced it yet.

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265

an answer was posted about an hour before you wrote your comment. if you couldn't work out the answer supplied, you shouldn't be playing with electricity.

Reply to
Charles Hope

The trouble with RCDs is they aren't intelligent. And they stop you taking nice shortcuts like using an earth as a neutral. Or grabbing a neutral that happens to be nearby on another circuit when you're in a cramped space in the attic and can't be bothered finding the right one.

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265

In another subthread. Like I'm going to read all of them before replying to the first one.

Electricity isn't dangerous you pathetic little girl.

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265

It's my house, I'll have it as dangerous as I like.

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265

How about "because the regs say so".

Reply to
Tim Watts

Because someone tells you to is NEVER a reason. Try thinking for yourself, or are you incapable of that?

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265

If you don't understand why a circuit protective conductor should not be used as a line conductor you're not very bright.

Reply to
Fredxxx

Earth and neutral are the same thing, they're both zero volts. In fact we could do without it and just connect the chassis of metal equipment to neutral.

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265

They're actually connected together in my meterbox, and are so in a hell of a lot of houses (half of them?), so there's no difference whatsoever.

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265

No, really he should play with it at every opportunity.

If he is a thick as he appears to be, Darwin will be along to rescue us shortly ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

240 volts isn't harmful. I've had several shocks from it. Only the weak hearted die.
Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265

When the people in question all hold C.Eng then I trust them a f*ck of a sight more than you.

Reply to
Tim Watts

At some point in the distribution. Not anywhere else.

And when your neutral breaks?

Reply to
Tim Watts

People who make regulations are namby pamby health and softy folk. Grow a pair of balls.

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265

And the other half on TN-S systems?

Reply to
Tim Watts

Grow a brain you stupid f*ck.

Reply to
Tim Watts

In my meter box. There won't be much more than a volt along the cable to the rest of the house.

What's the chances of that? And if it did, everything would go off, and I'd know there was a problem.

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265

They're connected together at the other end of a very big wire going across the road.

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265

Why do you equate being scared of unlikely things as having a brain? What would you do if conscription returned? I can see you cowering in a hut. You are a worthless pathetic excuse for a human being and have no use on this planet. Please go elsewhere.

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265