Two pin (Euro) USB-C charger for Pixel 3a

Does anyone want this? Purchased from Germany. The angle of the pins is not quite right for my Schuko socket but I suspect other sockets may be more tolerant (or an adjustment could be made). I am not looking for any payment and can therefore confidently offer a money back guarantee!

If interested, just sort out the following email address: scottdotsimpson(at)gefiondotmyzendotcodot(this_country_not _DE)

Reply to
Scott

There is something wrong there if somethiung which is sold for use in Germany won't fit a Schuko socket.

Is it by any chance a 2-pin Europlug?

You mention a possible adjustment - to what? Is it because the pins aren't parallel and you think they are bent?

The pins of a Europlug aren't intended to be parallel but point inwards at the tips.

See

Terry Casey

I agree with everything you say.

It is definitely a Europlug. I know the distinction between that and a UK two-pin plug. The pins are indeed angled inwards. The problem I think is that they are angled too much. This could be a manufacturing error or damage in transit. As a result, it sticks in a Schuko socket. I bought a replacement, which fits perfectly.

I don't believe it is counterfeit but cannot offer any guarantee.

Whilst it struggles to fit a Schuko socket (which is a tight fit anyway), I think it might work fine in other socket types that are more tolerant. I know it works electrically.

For these reasons I am quite happy to pass it on to anyone interested rather that bin it.

Reply to
Scott

Should only be 1.1mm narrower at end of pins

Andy Burns

But it's only worth a few pence, why go through all this argy-barge, just keep it in your 'everything' drawer or bin it. There's no shortage of them!

Reply to
Chris Green

Agreed. In my view it is out of spec. If anyone wants to investigate, experiment or modify, the offer is there.

Reply to
Scott