Do they make a Motorola RAZR 5-pin USB 2.0 to mini-USB cable?

Among my mini & micro USB devices, I have a Motorola RAZR that I want to charge in my 2.1 Amp USB car cigarette adapter.

Everything charges with this setup EXCEPT the Motorola RAZR V3.

Digging into why, apparently Motorola uses a 5-wire cable instead of a 4 wire cable.

How do I find a 5-wire USB2.0-to-mini-USB cable?

Googling, I find tons of cables, but none SAY how many wires they have.

Reply to
andrew s

What you need is one of these which they no longer sell. It modifies the Mini USB connector so the phone will charge from a standard Mini USB charger or USB-A to Mini-USB cable. I've used these successfully.

If you could find a Mini USB cable with five wires you could modify it as described at but you're unlikely to find such a cable unless you cut one off of a Motorola compatible car charger (not sure if the resistor is inside the Mini USB plug or inside the charger).

Reply to
sms

If a USB port shuts down because of too much current draw, would it turn itself back on after a delay? If so, what is the delay in seconds? If the port does not reset, what does the user have to do to reset the port?

Reply to
Daniel Prince