Twin/dual cable clamps?

Hi
I'm trying to find a source for a certain type of cable clamp or clip.
The only instance I've seen of this is on my Dyson, where a (c. 1") grey plastic clip is fixed (semi-)permanently near the plug end of the mains cable. Squeezing the small lugs at the fixed side of the assembly opens the "jaws" of the other side of the clip to grip another part of the cable - it keeps the coiled cable neatly & firmly in place.
I have another use for this type of thingy, but have Googled to no avail.
Anyone help?
TIA
Flynn

You may find James Dyson has a patent on it. A large number of the simple features like this on the Dyson are patented.
--
Andrew Gabriel

writes:

Hi Andrew
Had a sneaky feeling that was a possibility - does anyone know if : a. this is the case b. they can be bought as spares?
Flynn

Last time I was in Comet, they had a vast display of Dyson spares. Since they didn't for any other make it made be glad I'd not bought such an obviously unreliable device.
--
*Two many clicks spoil the browse *

On Sun, 15 Oct 2006 13:30:35 UTC, snipped-for-privacy@cucumber.demon.co.uk (Andrew Gabriel) wrote:

I have a Hoover wet and dry with (I think) the same thing on it. It predates the Dyson.
writes:

It may be an urban legend (told to me by a man who knew a girl who was on the bus with somebody who said ... ). but when Mr Dyson worked for $Cleaner_company he 'invented' the reel cable stowage system, however when he was bringing the bagless machine to market the $Cleaner_company refused his application to incorporate the reel-in into his 'Dyson', so he came up with the combination of swivelling clip and cable-mounted cable-clip.
--

Brian

Brian Sharrock wrote:

Our Dyson has a reel-in. but I wish they'd put more preload on so it actually reeled in all the flex.
--
Spamtrap in use
To email replace 127.0.0.1 with btinternet dot com

Is there any reason why you can't add more?
--
Skipweasel
Guy King wrote:

Yes. I can't be bothered to get into it. :)
Chris
--
Spamtrap in use
To email replace 127.0.0.1 with btinternet dot com
writes:

=======================If you've got an old wire-frame clothes horse lying around look at the clips / hinges which hold it together. Some of them are very similar to what you're looking for but without a positive scissor action.
Cic.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users. It has removed 1311 spam emails to date. Paying users do not have this message in their emails. Try SPAMfighter for free now!
Flynn wrote:

Perhaps you could cut one out of a lump of semirigid plastic?
NT
Flynn wrote:

Perhaps you could cut one out of a lump of semirigid plastic? Or just use a bulldog clip tied on.
NT