TV aerial boosters, revisited

Bit Error Rate (Rate) Irrelevant to an analogue masthead amplifier.

Terms tossed in by a tosser who doesn't know what he is talking about probably.

As evinced by use of the term 'carrier to noise' which is always called signal to noise

Well that's just half of it.

Add in NPD as well.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

That depends really on how well made they are.

Easy enough to have massive out of band rejection if you add the right filters in. But those cost money.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

BER bit error rate.

Reply to
Capitol

A situation situation, then.

Reply to
Tim Streater

What I like about RAS syndrome is that it is an example of itself

Redundant Acronym Syndrome syndrome....

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Whoosh.

Reply to
Bob Eager

I know. Whoosh.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Oh I know why you said what you said, I didnt miss the RAS bit. AS you would see if you had read the rest of my post.

BUT I thought it worth pointing out what I pointed out, that the OP doesn't have a clue about masthead amps either.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I didn't see the rest of your post until afterwards! It was a later post, then I realised.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Did you mean capacitors? Any a decent TV wall socket will be fully screened and you will not see any components on the board (you don't need circuit boards to design in a series capacitor.

Reply to
alan_m

replying to Bob Eager, kevprescott66 wrote: What's wrong with calling the Bit Error Rate (BER) thats it's common name unless something has changed..

Reply to
kevprescott66

replying to The Natural Philosopher, kevprescott66 wrote: Who taught you?? Carrier to noise or CNR or CN is the correct term for the carrier to noise ratio or Signal to noise..Im surprised you've never heard the term before and felt the need to respond...

Reply to
kevprescott66

You didn't; you called it the 'BER rate'.

(in other words, the 'bit error rate rate')

Reply to
Bob Eager

i.e. Tautologies, like PIN number or built on NT technology etc.

Reply to
John Rumm

I did give him a clue by mentioning RAS syndrome. But it passed him by.

Incidentally, I'm not sure it is tautology...I think that's when you use

*different* words to describe the same thing.
Reply to
Bob Eager

You'll find you get fairly short shrift around here by using h-o-m-e-o-w-n-e-r-s-h-u-b, most people doing so give a bollocks reply to a few decades old posts and are then never heard of again, you at least have had the decency to stick around to see replies.

Your messages don't quote any part of what you're replying to, you'd be better off using a proper usenet client instead of a web gateway

If you spout bollocks, you can still expect "robust" replies though :-)

Reply to
Andy Burns

Yup its certainly that...

I suppose it depends on if you count the TLA as a "word" as such. For the pronounceable ones like PIN number or LASER radiation I would be happy to count those as tautological ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

Well, I know of at least one person whose nickname is Ras! (short for Erasmus)

Reply to
Bob Eager

Yes i knew a Dutch guy who had that exact same name!...

Reply to
tony sayer

In this guy's case, it was a family tradition. I think every generation, back to at least 1800, has had an 'Erasmus'.

Famous family...

Reply to
Bob Eager