trimming bottom of skirting

I am just finishing off my shower room project and will be having some vinyl flooring put down shortly. At the moment my skirting is almost touching the floor and I think it would look a lot better if I trim 8mm or so from the bottom. This would then enable me to put both the hardboard and the vinyl underneath the skirting.
My house is over 100 years old and this is the original skirting and is fixed to original plastered wall. I don't want to remove and refit the skirting as this is likely to mean a lot of re-plastering. I have had to do this on one wall and it was a right pain, resulting in me replastering the whole wall.
Any ideas on the best way of doing this? This looks good http://www.rutlands.co.uk/cgi-bin/psProdDet.cgi/RZ70M But not sure this I can run to 469. Will it undercut in the corner? I have seen these are available from hire shops, but are they any good?
Thanks, Tim
[...]
That's not very different from a biscuit cutter, but you can't normally get them down flush to the floor. It won't get right into the corners of course, but a Fein Multimaster or the Bosch clone would. Just be sure you don't have any power or lighting cables running up under the skirting!
newshound wrote:

You are welcome to borrow my Bosch PMF180 mate.

If you are putting vinyl floor couldn't you just but it up to the skirting? We have had some 'amtico' flooring (vinyl planks) in a bathroom. The fitter laid the ply and fitted the vinyl upto the skirting and it looks fantastic. If you were putting down wood / laminate which required an expansion gap then that would be a different matter, but vinyl, I would just but it upto the skirting.
diy-newby wrote:

But then your cutting would need to be mighty accurate, which isn't that easy with vinyl.
The Medway Handyman wrote:

Quicker and easier in the long run to take the skirting off I would have thought. How long can it take to level up a bit of plaster and Gripfil the skirting back?

Thanks Dave, What a tool. Job done and very quick. Can't hear anything though.....quite noisy
Tim
Tim Decker wrote:

Pardon? :-)
You are welcome matey.