trevi boost shower and new direct boiler

the boiler has been replaced, so there is no longer a tank of hot water to pull in with the cold water, just direct hot water on demand. this is said to mean that the insides of the trevi boost mixer must be replaced. that's not done yet, but the shower seems to work as before. the mixer replacement costs =A3100, so I'm not keen unless there's good reason. anyone know about these things?

thanks, Eric

Reply to
sizex0

Assuming the Trevi Boost is a pumped power shower, I believe you are actually committing an offence by using it connected to the mains supply. Under certain, admittedly very unlikely, circumstances, you could contaminate the public water supply by reducing the pressure in the water main below that of the surrounding ground water.

You must not pump your mains water supply without certain precautions, which almost certainly have not been taken.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle