"Trading Depot" supplier comments?

Hi,

I recently found a new (to me at least) online supplier of electrical, heating and plumbing stuff called

Based on a few specimen comparisons (plumbing fittings; MK sockets) prices seem to be pretty competitive...and the web site rather nicer to use than either BES or TLC who I currently use in default.

Anybody out there used these guys? Comments on quality of service?

David

Reply to
Vortex2

The website doesn't inspire confidence, and I would not personally buy from them. Reasons:

  1. No contact phone number.
  2. No contact address (legal requirement)
  3. No company registration number (legal requirement)

I'm not saying they are bad people, but they have done none of the basic things that would make me trust a website.

Reply to
Grunff

I used them last week for an order of SWA cable and other bits n bobs. It all arrived on time, well packaged, and the goods were fine. I was a bit tentative as they've only been trading a month, but they were fine.

Painters10

Reply to
painters10

In their terms and conditions: "This site is owned and operated by E ? Sales UK Limited of Unit 5, Furze Platt Business Centre, Gardner Road, Maidenhead, Berks. SL6 7RN. If you want to ask us anything about these terms and conditions or if you have any comments or complaints on or about our website, please email us at snipped-for-privacy@tradingdepot.co.uk. These terms and conditions govern the supply of goods by E ? Sales UK Limited (Registered in England ? number 06039026) to the customer and constitute the entire and only agreement between us and the customer."

They do also mention Distance Selling Regs etc which makes a change.

I agree though a more prominent display of who they are would inspire more confidence.

Reply to
robert

The site also gives: Trading Depot is a trading name of E-SALES UK LIMITED. Registered address :

49 Cherry Close Kidlington Oxford Oxfordshire OX5 1HJ

Company No. : 06039026 VAT No. : GB 919 7061 06

No phone though, and Kidlington (about 5 miles from me as it happens) is a quiet residential place, so I suspect the person at the address merely acts as company secretary and the depot is in Maidenhead. Still, places to write to if you are so inclined!

Reply to
Bob Mannix

Or could in fact be someone who works from home and dropships.

Reply to
Grunff

Got it wrong anyway. Google Earth shows it's north of Kidlington on a proper industrial estate so probably is where they despatch from.

Reply to
Bob Mannix

A relation of mine operates a business whose registered business address is her home address, but she operates out of a small factory unit. There is nothing unusual or underhand about it.

People often register their business at the office address of their accountant or a solicitor. There is nothing unusual or underhand about that, either.

The main purpose of a registered address is to provide an address at which legal papers can be served.

Reply to
Bruce

According to Multimap, which also offers aerial photos, the stated postcode is in a residential area.

Reply to
Bruce

'Flashearth' indicates that the post-code aligns onto 'Cherry Close'. Aerial photo' indicates that 'Cherry Close' is a "sort of" Tee shaped close with an extra bit off the stem leading northwards.

All of the properties on Cheery Close appear to be residential ... no indication of 'commercial activity.

-- Brian

Reply to
Brian Sharrock

True, but none of this really matters.

Reply to
Bruce

I have not received the soap dispenser and I couldn’t receive acceptable dates when the items will be finally delivered.

I have tried to contact Trading Depot yesterday 3 times. Spoke to very dishonest and unprofessional people stating that in spite of the fact that on your system the order No. 000087107 is indicated as COMPLETED - Fact is that the soap dispenser wasn’t even dispatched!!! I can only highlight that this was ordered on 12/11/2021!!!

Anyway… I can do without the soap dispenser but WHAT CAN YOU SAY ABOUT THE Order # 000090679?

Order was placed again in November - I was charged so called ( Shipping & Handling FEE £20.00) AGAIN THIS REMAINS UNDELIVERED!

Very disappointing is that even your sales team (very unprofessional by the way) for months now can’t provide simple clear information about the delivery time. This morning I was advised that order will be delivered week after 27 January 2022.

Since December 2021 - I have spent at least 8-10 hours for chasing this matter…. Manager whom I spoke today and asked to provide ‘ honest’ 'dissent' ‘ clear’ information about the delivery dates - or start refund procedure - had simply put me on hold and switched the music on phone. So this is how my orders are completed.

I have served a pre-action protocol letter and will chase this matter through legal channels.

Reply to
Faigk Israfilof

What are you prattling on about?

Reply to
John Rumm

The previous post to that one was 13 years ago. All you need to know is that it came from Homeowners Hub! :-)))

Reply to
Jeff Layman

Is there any reason you replied to a post from 13 years ago? After this time, isn't it a lost cause?

Reply to
Fredxx