tractor alternator

Remind me. It must have been a good one.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

Morris changed to 12 volts before WW2. Think some Fords and VW were about the only ones to use 6 volts post war.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Bleeding spool cheekers. ;_)

I had sucessively two different models of the P6 - both 3500, but one manual and one auto over about 15 years and they were little trouble.

The SD1 is simply fun to drive. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Japanese cars have a bonnet. Tractors don't.

Their alternators are small and have high outputs, on account of good cooling airflow. However the open ended cases that permit the airflow also let rain in.

If you have a Tonka toy 4x4 and you get it wet, then alternator problems are likely, in a way that rarely arises with Landies.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Well, you've also mentioned Rover and VW in the same breath as your -1 post. Major tractor manufacturers! Yeah.

Reply to
Chris Bacon