Touch lamp not working when touched.

I have a table lamp which when touched is supposed to come on in 3 stages (dim, brighter, even brighter) after every touch by hand.

However, recently the bulb went and ever since relacing the bulb, touching it has no effect on it.

Is there anything that can be done or have I lost the touch facility forever?

Steve..

Reply to
Steve

It doesn't love you any more. It happens. You'll get over it.

;o)

Si

Reply to
Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot

I have a 'touch sensitive' dimmer switch which has a small fuse incorporated into it. When a bulb 'blows' it tends to blow the fuse also.

Brad.

Reply to
Boaz

It's a form of dimmer, and dimmers often blow so they don't dim anymore after a bulb has blown - the bulb shorts internally. It might be possible to replace the diac and triac if they are seperate components - but it might just be all one chip.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

Did they invent this as a modern replacement for genies? Try rubbing the lamp... or make a wish...

Reply to
Abdullah Eyles

How touching!

Reply to
Snowman

I vaguely remember from a few years ago a similar type of touch-sensitive dimmer lamp that used a special two filament bulb. The only external difference was that the bulb base had three contacts rather than two. The two filaments were different wattages, so that four light levels were available: 0, a, b, a+b. Your bulb holder doesn't happen to have three "pins" rather than two....?

Reply to
OxSc

It just takes a bog standard lamp upto 60 watts.

Steve.......

Reply to
Steve