Totally OT - grapevine problem

Ah, Vinland. The land where grapes grow in wild profusion.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

There's gardening website I came across in looking into this

seemingly there was a glasshouse vine at Kippen near Stirling which was so large it was yielding over 3000 bunches of grapes before it was destroyed some 50 years ago. The bole was 55 inches in diameter.

The drip from my severed twig has reduced over 48 hours to one every

10 minutes so it is healing itself thank goodness.

Rob

Rob

Reply to
robgraham

According to

The average crop of black dessert grapes is about 272 kilograms (600lbs), however in the autumn of 2001 it was 383 kilograms (845 lbs) and the best crop ever.

Reply to
djc

Just to close this off and report for anyone else finding this thread.

Many thanks to those that contributed. After about three days the dripping really ceased, but in that time some 200cc of fluid were lost. It's now 6 days since my carelessness and I took off the tightly wrapped finder stall and some self bonding tape and all was dry. I doubt really if my attempts at stemming the flow had any influence - this was predicted somewhere !

The 'twig' I cut was only some 6mm in diameter - if it had been larger no doubt the fluid flow would have been more extensive and I think a hose clip 'tourniquet' would have been required.

Rob

Reply to
robgraham