TOT: Bath sponges

When I was young, you could buy a huge bathsponge, sometimes made of real sponge or of artificial stuff. Now I can only find tiny ones. Can anyone tell me where I can find big sponges again? The current ones are orange-size. I want one football size or nearly.

Hugh

Reply to
Hugh Newbury

Yes I want one of those as well. Also whatever happened to back washers that don't disintegrate in a couple of months?

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

This any good?

Bod

I am fairly sure I saw a large natural sponge in Debenhams a few months back.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

Failing that ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

"Decorators" sponges from DIY places - usully 99p...

The last Loofah[1] I bought was in Egypt some years ago and still going strong. You just rinse them and let them dry and they last forever..

Gordon [1] Like the mattresses of Squornshellous Zeta, it was humanely killed and dried out. I'm told they very rarely come back to life again.

Reply to
Gordon Henderson

Not seen loofahs for years, I use to think they were some sort of underwater tentacle similar to natural sponges that were chopped into short lengths ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

Loofahs aren't sponges though. You can grow your own if you want.

Reply to
dennis

What a brilliant response from you all! I'd never thought of decorators/carwashers sponges. Just the thing.

Hugh

Reply to
Hugh Newbury

I dunno, really I suppose you need to get your hands on one and feel it to tell. The last one I had appeared to be like a giant pan washer poked through a hole in a plastic handle and the material started to fall apart in a couple of months.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Do they grow real sponges on a farm as I heard some were endangered species these days and hence prohibited for import.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

They *were* called loofahs; I remember them well. If you are not happy here try alt.poofters

Reply to
Mr Pounder

Real sponges are now seriously expensive.

Reply to
Apellation Controlee

Yes - in Micronesia there is some sponge farming.

Reply to
polygonum

Prince Charles?

Reply to