Top basket not waking dishes properly

I punkawallah wouldn't be qualified to wash dishes - and besides, the Amalgamated Union of Dishwashers and Bogswogglers would probably come out on strike.

Reply to
Ian Jackson

When my last dishwasher died, we hand washed for a few weeks. It was tedious - and I sang halleluja on the day the new one came!

Reply to
Tim Watts

Leave the poor dishes to sleep. Haven't they done enough?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

It goes without saying he'll need a woman to operate the bowl.

Reply to
Graham.

Who would operate the fan while the punkawallah was washing the dishes?

Reply to
polygonum

Remind me, why do (unenlightened) women get married in white?

Reply to
Fredxxx

It the first lie they tell in a normal marriage

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I don't use soap in a dishwasher (actually, I haven't got one at present but that is not my point). I don't use soap in my hand-dishwashing. So what does that really mean?

Even allowing that I am being pedantic above, how do you compare the amounts when liquid detergents like Fairy (or Lidl's best) are used for hand-dishwashing and powder/tablet detergents are used in dishwashers? One gram of Fairy = one gram of Finish? One gram of dried-out Fairy = one gram of Finish? The actual detergent content of one gram of Fairy = the actual detergent content of one gram of Finish?

Reply to
polygonum

You mean it's not to match the other kitchen appliances?

Reply to
Fredxxx

If you are worried about accumulating germs, dishwasher can cope with far higher temperatures than any hand in a marigold.

I would go further and say in a catering context, environmental health will give you a lot more attention if you don't use a dishwasher.

Reply to
Fredxxx

I note that the OP doesn't seem to have made any comments on any of the suggestions.

Reply to
Ian Jackson

Dishwashers are used by some to cook food in.

Reply to
Richard

En el artículo , leastie escribió:

I had this problem with Mom's dishwasher, it was crap in the rotor arm. Although the nozzles look clear, the crap sits within the arm and only rises and blocks the nozzles when the water is pumping.

Take the rotor arm off and rinse it out thoroughly. You'll probably find it's full of bits.

I found part of a cocktail stick (!) and inexplicable long strips of thin plastic in the one out of Mom's machine.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

En el artículo , Ian Jackson escribió:

Usenet is write-only for some.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

Ah, echoes of the fad of "ICC" (In Car Cooking) using engine heat to cook suitably foil wrapped food items such as fish so you could enjoy a hot meal at your campsite/world heritage status beauty spot car park destination (or simply your first 'pit stop' of a long journey in a convenient layby).

It's really only the 'novelty factor' that sways folk to try this 'experiment'.

Reply to
Johny B Good

That's usually due to the filter basket in the base getting dislodged. Did you check the filter?

Any such maintenance seems to be left entirely to me alone in this house. The last time I had to deal with such a washing efficacy issue, it turned out to be due to bits of plastic, along with (more worryingly) bits of broken glass clogging up the rotor arms.

As you say, you need something to poke the items out of the jet orifices where they've become wedged, usually back into the rotor arm which then requires judicious amounts of careful jiggling to persuade them back out of the inlet at the hub. It's a little bit tricky since the bits tend to overshoot and land up at the other end of the arm so it can take a while to completely clear out the detritus.

You also need to rinse through to deal with the lighter weight bits (soggy chunks of meat or plastic bits) which tend to stick by capiliary action to the innards of the arm (these are the 'silent blockages' you _can't_ hear rattling around). If you're in a bit of a rush to clear the blokage, it's all too easy to be caught out by this class of detritus.

Reply to
Johny B Good

:-)

Reply to
Scott M

Maybe - but a Saab turbo was extremely effective.

Reply to
polygonum