Tool box - for cordless plus basic tools - recommendations?

I'm after a toolbox which will take my Metabo cordless drill plus a collection of basic tools plus some screws and screwdriver bits.
I was thinking of one of these:-
http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?idB295&tsa865
but I'm less convinced now that having *all* the drawers divided into small compartments is a good idea.
Maybe this would be better:-
http://www.diytools.co.uk/diy/Main/Product.asp?iProductIDB995
The drawers can be used for screwdrivers, spanners, etc. but as far as I can see there are no separators so where do you put screwdriver bits, screws, etc.?
I already have a couple of cantilever style metal tooloboxes which work OK but won't take my cordless drill. I also have a big 'wheelie' toolbox with trays but I find that a bit too big for toting around the house doing odd jobs. I'm trying to find some sort of happy medium that will take most of what I need in a single box. I don't like lift out trays as they're clumsy and it seems that what I actually need is always underneath.
Any/all suggestions welcome! :-)
--
Chris Green

On Mon, 21 May 2007 15:50:59 +0000, tinnews wrote:

=================================Have a browse around Machine Mart: www.machinemart.co.uk
Some of the chests with a lift-up top have about 3.5" clearance in the top compartment which is just about enough for the average cordless drill.
Cic.
--
===================================
Using Ubuntu Linux

What on earth is wrong with a diy tray with a conduit handle like all the old fashioned tradesmen used to carry?
Get an offcut of 3/8" ply and make two end pieces large enough to suit your needs and a base and front and back panel long enough to suit your needs and a length of metal tube for the handle.
Cost price= nothing -going on a fiver or so.
I'd have one myself but used paint buckets are less than ten a penny. A lot less. I might even make one or two now that I have a Transit. The only problem with buckets is they keep falling over if given a chance.
I suppose I could make some sort of a stillage for them with a jigsaw and an offcut of ply...
snipped-for-privacy@isbd.co.uk wrote:

I use the 26" version of this one for all my electrical tools:
http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId4947-84396-17331611&lpage=none
That would take drill (in the bottom section).
The nice think about it is it has a flat top with a chequerplate rubberised finish that is designed to be stood on. Hence it makes a very useful step for an extra foot of height, and a handy seat when working low down.
--
Cheers,

John.

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId4947-84396-17331611&lpage=none
It's possible but I don't really like lift out trays, that's one of the things that annoys me with my big wheeled toolbox - you need to lift out the trays before you get to the cordless which you *always* need.
--
Chris Green

On May 21, 4:50 pm, snipped-for-privacy@isbd.co.uk wrote:

I use a gardeners Trug loaded with everything I need for a particular job.
MBQ

That's the approach I tend to take when I'm going "up the garden" to do some fencing repairs or similar but it feels like I should be able to have a 'default' toolbox for routine odds and sods.
--
Chris Green

On May 21, 4:50 pm, snipped-for-privacy@isbd.co.uk wrote:

I use a gardeners Trug loaded with everything I need for a particular job.
MBQ
snipped-for-privacy@isbd.co.uk wrote:

I use a tool bag that I bought from Wickes. Has a shoulder strap which is handy as it frees up both hands.
Loads of pockets & room for drill driver. No storage for screws etc, but I use Black & Decker Clip 'N' Go boxes which you can get in B&Q for about 1.50.
--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

A bag is something I hadn't really considered but it's certainly a possibility, thanks for the idea.
Cyrrently I'm seriously considering:-
http://www.rackingshop.com/index.asp?function=DISPLAYPRODUCT&productid $
--
Chris Green