Tonne bags.

The sort that sand, gravel etc are delivered in. I've accumulated a few and they seem too good to throw away and have a 'might be useful' look to them.

Trouble is I haven't found a use, anyone got any ideas.

mark

Reply to
mark

Very handy for hedge trimmings etc. on route to the recycling/compostingcentre/tip.

Reply to
<me9

I've heard they can be useful for lining soakaways to stop them clogging with soil etc. Not sure if they degrade in those conditions though. Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

LOL We did that with some trimmings from the back garden, then found the full bag was too wide to get down the side of the house.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

we use em to put leaves in.

used to be reusable but H & S got there. Now they are scrap.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Good for covering your concrete mixer overnight.

Also, the gardening bod who does a couple of gardens in the street was glad to relieve me of a few.

Reply to
mike

I'm desperate for some to save a pile of ballast going to waste before I have 20 tonne of sharp sand dumped on top - where are you - I'm TN33

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Yep - I'll second that having filled one with ballast and lost it picking it up yesterday - I put a pallet under them now and pick the pallet up.

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

And for taking hay out to the fields for the horses, in the winter

Reply to
newshound

In message , Andrew Mawson writes

You could ask at any reasonable sized arable farm.

They should be finishing winter drilling by now and have lots of tonne seed bags to get rid off. These have the added benefit of a controllable outlet.

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb

anyone want any in west suffolk, we have loads.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

NR12... a bit far I'd guess.

mark

Reply to
mark

gravel etc are delivered in.

Toolstation sell them at a silly price:

pcb1962

controllable

Yes I get those with sow nuts - but there is a £6 deposit on them - I did use a couple yesterday but it makes for expensive ballast!

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

We could have another debate on what to use old pallets for. No.1 Firewood.

Blimey NO - decent pallets are far too useful to burn. I stick loads of stuff on pallets - it can then be shunted arround either with the forklift, or the tractor if over rough terrain.

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Thus spake Andrew Mawson (andrew@no_spam_please_mawson.org.uk) unto the assembled multitudes:

Yeah, like we all have forklifts and tractors in our back gardens! :-)

Reply to
A.Clews

assembled multitudes:

But we wish we did.

Reply to
Huge

In message , Huge writes

Hand pallet trolleys are regularly thrown away rather than repaired. Probably a D-I-Y activity there somewhere.

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb

the assembled multitudes:

Well if I'm REALLY desperate I can also move pallets with the forks of my JCB 3CX, but believe me it's not for the faint hearted as you have no visability of the tines whatsoever due to the 4in1 bucket being in the way. Banksman essential and they MUST be clued up or they get impaled

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson