Tongue/groove wood

Anyone got a rough idea how much tongue+groove wood is and what sort of lengths/widths it comes in?

I'm thinking of building a shed and want to do a rough calculation of price.

(I already have the wood for the floor/roof and have roofing felt etc)

sPoNiX

Reply to
s--p--o--n--i--x

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 11:19:17 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (s--p--o--n--i--x) strung together this:

You mean shiplap cladding? IIRC Wickes have packs of 5x2m lengths for a tenner or thereabouts.

Reply to
Lurch

Yup.

Any idea of the width? About 4"?

sPoNiX

Reply to
s--p--o--n--i--x

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 12:21:55 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (s--p--o--n--i--x) strung together this:

Roundabout that yes.

Reply to
Lurch

5", and 6" are the most common (that's shiplap rather than T&G). Thickness is 12mm for the cheaper stuff or 19mm for better quality.

Lengths, typically available from 3.3 to 5m at a timber yard.

Work out how much you think you need, then order 1.4 times that amount. (don't ask how I know!) ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm