Toilet vent

The roof-venting stack vent, or an internal AAV are simoly to stop the syphonic effect of flushing the loo from emptying the toilet water trap, thereby allowing ponds into the house. If this is not happening then don't worry.

Where does the outlet of your toilet go ?. Presumably down into the floor (S trap) and under the wall and into that inspection chamber ?.

Reply to
Andrew

Well that made me go out and look again. The three photos I took are all of the west side of the properties where the bathrooms/toilets are situated. But the property west of mine, ie the first, has a soil stack on my side and I suspect that provides the vent for me. There are a couple of inspection chambers, two on their path and one on mine(shown in photo) which can only serve my toilets.

Similarly the property next to the 3rd photo also has a vent on his far (east) side.

So I think for every pipe going into the road sewer there is a vent but not necessarily on that persons property. Seems a bit of a weird practice though.

Reply to
AnthonyL

Yes, though the S trap is all in an integral block in the toilet. That goes straight down into a wooden floor and is immediately the other side of the window shown in the photo where the cistern overlfow pokes out.

Reply to
AnthonyL

These are 1960's bungalows, and being bungalows, there isn't the volocity of water and turds coming down from the first floor, hence ?less syphonic effect. Maybe the building regs of that era allowed this ?.

Reply to
Andrew